Monday, 1 October 2012

Busy weekend...

Earlier this year we purchased our first home... It was a scary, almost spare of the moment decision... We were being faced with our third move in three years and with a toddler, it was just too horrible to contemplate soooo we took the plunge and got into the real estate market!...

It turned out to be the best thing we ever did... Its a gorgeous, family orientated area, lots of beautiful parks and quirky playgrounds, close to my oldest friend and her babies and well it is just the best little home...

This long weekend we got stuck into the gardens and the outside make over!... My talented painter husband spent 9 long hours washing our roof, ready for a paint job later in the week while me and my step dad spent the day in the front yard building up garden beds, moving barrow loads of dirt, planting flowers, veggies and herbs and spreading mulch!...  Its starting to look really beautiful and homey and I cant wait to spend the rest of the week getting stuck into the back yard...

As well as being busy around the house, I am on holidays from school for 2 glorious weeks and have been soaking up some mummy, Ayda time... Last week was spent catching up with friends, baking, play dough, painting, craft, dress ups, tea parties and babychino dates... Ayda is now 2 1/2 and I can not believe what a fun little friend she has become!... She chatters away, telling me stories about this and that... Asks lots of questions and likes to help me do pretty much anything she can... A sweet little miss with bag loads of cheekiness and personality!...




With one week already gone I am going to savour the last one... Lots more lovin' to do yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment